ALL TRIP PARTICIPANTS MUST READ AGREE TO THE WAIVER---THE ACKNOWLEDGMENT, WAIVER AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY. READ CAREFULLY BEFORE CHECKING AGREEMENT BOX. YOUR REGISTRATION CAN'T BE PROCESSED UNLESS YOU AGREE TO THE WAIVER.
These TERMS AND RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY & INDEMNITY are valid for any and all Day Trip Tahoe events, (DTT).
1. I voluntarily desire to participate in any and all DTT activities, which include, but are not limited to, bus ride to and from ski resort in Lake Tahoe, skiing or snowboarding or sightseeing (the "Activities").
2. I UNDERSTAND that the pick up location, time and directions will be listed on my Registration Confirmation (and are listed on the Day Trip Tahoe website) and that it is my responsibility to follow those directions and to be on time - have my gear loaded and be on the bus by the departure time. If not, I will be left behind. I am also responsible for knowing where the next pick up location and time is (if any) so that I can try to meet the bus there. I UNDERSTAND that I will not receive a Refund or Credit if I miss the bus.
3. I UNDERSTAND that my scheduled pick up location could be canceled due to low enrollment and I will either switch to another pick up location, transfer to a future trip OR cancel and receive a refund. Though it is very rare, I also understand that the trip could be canceled due to low enrollment and I would receive a refund. I further understand that Day Trip Tahoe will not be responsible for any equipment rental fees that I may incur/lose as a result of a trip cancellation.
4. I UNDERSTAND that the cancellation policy is as follows: If I cancel...
A) Day Trips:
- More than 2 days in advance - FULL Refund
- Within 48 hours of scheduled trip - 50% Cash Refund OR FULL Credit issued for future day trips.
5. I UNDERSTAND that the Ski Bus often travels in stormy Winter weather and amongst traffic that is slowed by the road conditions. Thus, customers must understand that travel time in stormy conditions takes longer and buses will arrive later at the resort.
6. I UNDERSTAND that the DTT must adhere to strict commercial driving time laws. Our morning and afternoon departure times are scheduled so that we can maximize the skiing time when the chairlifts are open AND to allow the bus drivers to have an 8-hour block of time off after the bus arrives and parks at the ski resort. MOST OFTEN, buses arrive between 8:15 and 8:30am and we depart for home around 4:30pm. Whenever our bus arrives and parks between 8:00am and 9:15am, the bus will Depart 8 hours later. Whenever we forecast our bus arriving after 9:15am due to a snow storm, slow driving conditions, holiday or peak season traffic or other delays, we will plan for a 2nd driver (which is a considerable expense for DTT to absorb) so that buses can depart at 4:30pm. PLEASE NOTE that there may be trips where the bus arrives after 9:15am due to unforeseen delays and a "driver swap" is not possible/available, thus the bus will depart Late from the ski resort. ON ALL TRIPS, your Ski Bus Host/s will state the afternoon departure time, based on arrival time, before you exit the bus at the resort. Again, on most trips since drivers must legally have 8 hours off after they arrive, the Ski Bus Host will also tell you when you are permitted to come back to the bus. If you finish skiing BEFORE that stated time, you will need to hang out at the ski lodge until that time...the driver may not be disturbed.
7. I UNDERSTAND that the Ski Bus travels "snow or shine", so rain/snow storms DO NOT justify cancellations of trips. As long as CalTrans and CHP deem that the road is safe for travel, we go. I Understand that if I learn that the road to the scheduled resort is closed in the am prior to departure, I WILL NOT receive a refund if I do NOT show up. If the road is closed to the scheduled resort, we will re-route to another resort on another freeway. If you have special plans at the original resort, sorry, you will have to accompany the bus at the new resort OR arrange your own transportation to the originally scheduled resort. If you booked the "Bus Only" and do not have a lift ticket for the alternative resort, you will need to purchase a lift ticket from the Trip Host (if desired). If it is stormy at the resort, any credits on lift tickets will need to be taken up with the resort staff. **Be assured that when Hosts make a decision to re-route your bus to another freeway or resort or even turnaround, it is made with the advice of management and staff on the ground in Lake Tahoe. Our decision will be based on current road and weather conditions, lift operations status, weather forecast and of course customer safety. If the originally scheduled destination/resort is unreachable, not reachable at a reasonable time or has limited lift operations, we will re-route the bus to the best possible option.
8. I UNDERSTAND that the bus will be LOCKED and inaccessible during the day as the driver needs to rest/sleep. I understand that it is NOT recommended to leave any valuables on the bus because Day Trip Tahoe cannot guarantee the integrity of all of its customers. Wallets, purses, Music players, etc. should be brought with me and/or put in a locker in the lodge. Day Trip Tahoe WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS.
9. I UNDERSTAND that many skis, boards and bags look the same and that the Ski Bus recommends that I label my equipment to help prevent a mix up. I also understand that ski and/or snowboard bags are recommended to avoid scratches. AGAIN, Day Trip Tahoe WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED ITEMS.
10. In the event of any emergency at any time during the Trip involving my physical well-being or health, I AUTHORIZE DTT and trip leaders to secure from the ski trip location medical personnel or a local licensed hospital any treatment deemed necessary for my immediate care and agree that I will be responsible for payment of any and all medical services rendered.
11. I UNDERSTAND that most people wish to sleep on the way to the Resort and I will be considerate and keep any talking to whisper, put my cell phone on silent or vibrate and my iPod (or similar device) to a low volume so that I will not bother anyone!
12. I AGREE to be respectful and courteous to Ski Bus staff, bus driver and other customers. Any obnoxious, lewd, intoxicated, abusive or other inappropriate behavior may result in removal from the bus and I will be responsible for my own transportation home, I UNDERSTAND that No refund or credit will be given and I may be prohibited from future trips. I UNDERSTAND that any and all damages caused by me shall be paid by me to owners of damaged items.
13. I UNDERSTAND that if I am not at the bus at the stated departure time from the ski resort (typically 4:30pm),I will be left behind and will be responsible for my own transportation home! If I am left behind, I understand that I will have been reported "missing" and I MUST notify the ski resort staff and/or the local sheriff of my status. Failure to do so could result in a substantial fine from local authorities for search and rescue costs.
IMPORTANT: RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY & INDEMNITY
14. I ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND that Day Trip Tahoe involve physically active outdoor sports that test a person's physical and mental limits and carry with them the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. I understand the inherent dangers of skiing and snowboarding, which include falls, collisions with natural hazards, other people or objects and injuries due to cold temperatures. I also understand that potential injuries include strains, sprains, breaks, cuts, punctures, abrasions, broken limbs and even accidental death. I AM AWARE THAT THESE ACTIVITIES ARE HAZARDOUS AND THAT I COULD BE SERIOUSLY INJURED OR EVEN KILLED. I AM VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THESE ACTIVITIES WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGER INVOLVED, AND AGREE TO ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISKS OF PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, AND DEATH.
15. As consideration for being permitted by DTT to participate in the Activities, I hereby AGREE to forever release and discharge DTT, its agents, owners, shareholders, directors, partners, employees, volunteers, hosts, participants, subsidiaries, related and affiliated entities, successors, and assigns (the “Released Parties”), on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, agents, personal representative, and estate, for personal injury, property damage, or death related to (1) my participation in the Activities, (2) the alleged negligence or other acts, whether directly connected to the Activities or not, and however caused, by any Released Party, and (3) the condition of the premises where the Activities occur, whether or not I am then participating in these Activities.
16. I AGREE to indemnify and defend the Released Parties against all claims, causes of actions, judgments, damages, attorneys’ fees, and any and all other costs or expenses, which may in any way arise from my participation in the Activities.
17. I certify that I am in good physical condition and that the activities of skiing, snowboarding and other activities associated with Day Trip Tahoe require participants to be properly clothed and equipped.
18. No term of this Agreement may be changed or waived in any way, and any such purported waiver or amendment or modification, whether by telephone, facsimile or email or otherwise, is ineffective and null and void, unless approved in advance by an authorized person within DTT.
I HERE AFFIRM THAT I AM EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND I AM THE PERSON NAMED ON THIS REGISTRATION OR AM THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF THE MINOR NAMED ON THIS REGISTRATION, AND I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ‘RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY’.